Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
Also in 1910 he went to London and studied law at Inner Temple Inn.
In 1912 he returned back to India after completing his study. In March 1916 he was married to Kamala Kaul who was also from Kashmiri family. In 1919 he entered politics and then he met Mahatma Gandhi.At this time Gandhiji started Rowlat act. During 1920-22 he helped Gandhiji in noncooperation movement .He fought for the independence of India for which he had to go to jail several times.
In 1929 he was elected as the president of Congress party.
He was a very good writer.His autobiography was published in 1936.In 1944 he wrote his famous book 'The discovery of India'.His quotes inspire us very much. Here are his best quotes-
1) "What we need is a generation of peace." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
2) "A man who is afraid will do anything."
3) "The art of people is true mirror of their mind." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
4) "Poverty anywhere is danger to prosperity everywhere." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
5)"Failures come only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles."
6) "Obviously the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing materials to best advantage." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
7) "Evil uchecked grows, evil tolerated poisons the whole system." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
8) "Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism; the way you play it is free will." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
9) "Culture is the widening of the mind and spirit." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
10) "There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
11) "Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes."
12) "The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
13) "Every little thing counts in crisis."
14) "Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves."
~ Jawaharlal Nehru
15) "There is nothing more horrifying than stupidity in action." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
16) "To be good in moral condition requires at least as much training as to be in good physical condition." . ~Jawaharlal Nehru
17) "India can not sit on the fence anymore. It may have to make a choice. Either way it is going face problem."
18) "Democracy is good but other systems are worse." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
19) "Those who are prepared to die for any cause are seldom defieted." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
20) "The person who runs away exposes himself to that very danger more than a person who sits silently." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
21) "I was taught by a great man, never to hate and never to fear." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
22) "The only alternative to co-existence is co- destruction." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
23) "It is far better to know our own Weakness and failure than to point out those to other." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
24) "Act with courage and dignity, stick to the ideals that give meaning to life. ~Jawaharlal Nehru
25) " You can tell the condition of a nation by looking at the status of it's women." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
26) "The person who takes most of his virtue is often the least virtious." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
27) "To be successful in life what you need is education. " ~Jawaharlal Nehru
28) "Nationalism is essentially a group memory of past achievements, traditions and experiences." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
29) "Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly natured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow." ~Jawaharlal Nehru
30) "Success often comes to those who dare to act. It seldom goes to the timid who are afraid of the consequences. ~Jawaharlal Nehru