Swami Vivekananda biography and his best motivational and inspirational quotes by eachquotes.com
Swami Vivekananda was born in a Bengali family on 12 January, 1863 in Calcutta, Bengal, British India. He was the founder of Ramakrishna Mission. His real name was Narendranath Datta. His father name was Vishwanath Datta who was an attorney at the Calcutta High Court. His mother name was was Bhubaneshwar Devi. His grandfather, Durgacharan Datta was a Sanskrit and Persian scholar.
In 1871 he was sent to Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Metropolitan Institution, where he studied till 1877 because his family moved to Raipur but after two years his family returned back to Calcutta. He was the only student to recieve first division marks in the entrance examination of Presidency College in 1879. In 1884,he received the degree of bachelor of arts.
He joined Brahma Samaj which was dedicated of eliminating the child marriage, illiteracy and promote education among women and lower castes. He became the chief disciple of Ramakrishna whom he met first in 1881. He travelled across India for five years visiting the learning centres and the traditions of diverse religion. He left Bombay for Chicago On 31 May, 1893 with the name Vivekananda which was suggested by Ajith Singh of Khetri. On 11 September, 1893 he delivered speech at the Chicago Convention Of Parliament of Religions. He died on 4 July, 1902.
Here is his 15 best quotes which can inspire youths.
1) "Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true."
2) "All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything." ~Swami Vivekananda
3) "The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong."
4) "You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself." ~Swami Vivekananda
5) "Arise,awake and do not stop until the goal is reached." ~Swami Vivekananda
6) "We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far." ~Swami Vivekananda
7) "If money help a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better." ~Swami Vivekananda
8) "All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark." ~Swami Vivekananda
9) "You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul." ~Swami Vivekananda
10) "External nature is only internal nature writ large." ~Swami Vivekananda
11) "Purity,patience, and preserverance are the three essentials to success, and above all: love." ~Swami Vivekananda
12) "When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state." ~Swami Vivekananda
13) "Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth."
14) "Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way."~Swami Vivekananda
15) "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced." ~Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda biography
Swami Vivekananda Thoughts
Swami Vivekananda speech
Swami Vivekananda history
Swami Vivekananda teachings
Swami Vivekananda photo
Swami Vivekananda Chicago speech